Tuesday 18 December 2012

An interesting pre- Christmas gift: the flu

Christmas is in one week and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Headache, chills, fever, hacking cough, stuffy nose- my whole body hurts. Mark is just as sick and the girls have various symptoms with R bearing the brunt of it.

And through it all, the frequent night wakings, the bottles of ibuprofen, the bowls of soup, I can't help but feel a little blessed.

Crazy right? But I can't help but think that being this sick is keeping us from powering through the week running last minute errands, organizing our house, cleaning, and shopping. Because with the exception of groceries we don't need to leave our house and now we can't by virtue of occasional dizzy spells!

Instead of the usual flurry of activity, I get to spend the week snuggling my girls and Mark ( who is delightfully smuggle- prone when sick) drink tea and watch Christmas movies. I have the honour of reading aloud various Christmas stories and chapters about Christmas from our favourite books. I get to light Advent candles and watch all three of my girls become mesmerized by the rotating Nativity scene. And I have an excuse to break into the box of Ferrero Rocher that shockingly has remained sealed for two weeks.

I know we will be healthy again by the big day but in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy this rare opportunity to relax during the lead up. I hope you do too. Without the chills!! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment